IBPS or Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Clerk exam is one of the prestigious exams conducted every year to hire efficient candidates in the banking sector. Each year lakhs of candidates appear to give this exam. IBPS Clerk exam consists of two phases- Prelims and Mains. Candidates who secure good ranks in the Mains exam followed by clearing Prelims will get an opportunity to work at the reputed banks of the nation. IBPS Clerk Prelims exam is conducted between August to September each year. Whereas, the Mains exam takes place between October to Mid-November of the same year. Candidates who have qualified for their Prelims exam 2021 will now appear for the Mains exam scheduled on 31 October 2021.
Before commencing the preparation of the IBPS Clerk exam, candidates must go through the IBPS Clerk syllabus 2021, exam pattern and important topics for the exam.
Having a subject-wise preparation plan or tips will help candidates build an efficient strategy for cracking this exam. Moreover, these tips will also give them an outlook of the actual paper and the type of questions asked in the question paper.
In this article, candidates appearing for the IBPS Clerk exam will get to know some efficient subject-wise study tips for clearing each section with good marks.
Preparation Plan Tips For IBPS Clerk Exam
The IBPS Clerk exam is divided into two phases- Prelims and Mains.
For getting jobs in the banking sector, candidates have to qualify for both exams. The selection of candidates for the Mains exam is based on the qualification marks of the Prelims exam. However, the final selection is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Mains exam.
Preparation Strategy For Clearing IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
To clear IBPS Clerk Prelims exam, candidates have to clear the cut-off of their respective category. Candidates must not prepare for the Prelims exam just for clearing the cut-off. They should prepare each topic keeping in mind that those learned sections are also going to be part of the Mains exam too. For instance, the Prelims exam consists of three sections- English language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. So, candidates need to prepare for these sections thoroughly as they are common in the Mains exam also. Besides, the duration of the exam should also be kept in mind while preparing for the exam.
Here’s an overview of different sections with time duration.
- English Language- This section comprises 30 questions carrying one mark each.
- Quantitative Aptitude- Consists of 35 questions. Each of them carries one mark.
- Logical Reasoning- Comprises of 35 questions carrying one mark each.
Each section needs to be completed within 20 minutes. Hence, candidates have to complete the entire paper within 60 minutes or 1 hour.
As the exam has a sectional cutoff, candidates have to prepare for each section thoroughly.
Preparation Tips For Clearing English Section of IBPS Clerk Exam
This section tends to check the basic knowledge of the English language of the candidates.
It checks for candidates’ vocabulary, basic knowledge of English grammar, comprehension, cloze tests, spotting errors, fill in the blanks, etc.
People who are appearing for the IBPS Clerk Prelims exam can improve their communication skills and basic English aptitude by following the given ways.
- Read magazines, newspapers, novels, journals and other kinds of stuff written in English on a daily basis. And jot down new words. Daily reading will also help candidates to boost their reading speed.
- Learn all basic grammar rules.
- If anyone is fond of movies, then they must prefer to see English movies.
- Solve mock test papers to apply learnt concept
Tips For Preparing Numerical Ability Section of IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
Many candidates consider this as the most difficult section of the Prelims exam as it involves the application of numerous formulas. But, it can be the most scoring section if candidates are well-prepared for it. The topics covered in this section are- simplification, average, percentage, ratio and proportion, simple and compound interest, profit and loss, time and work, number series, time, speed and work, number system and data interpretation. Here’s how IBPS exam aspirants can score good marks in this section.
- Memorize all important formulas of each topic by heart.
- Solve formula and application-based questions and practice them regularly to master concepts.
- Learn shortcuts and tricks to solve problems quickly.
- Revise formulas daily.
- Practice questions related to difficult concepts.
Preparation Tips For Scoring High in Reasoning Ability Section
This is the scoring section if the candidates have strong logical ability. Here’s how to strengthen logical skills.
- Prepare for topics like syllogisms, blood relations, puzzles, coding-decoding, coded and mathematical inequalities, linear and circular seating arrangements, distance and directions, analogy/classification.
- Comprehend the theories behind crucial topics.
- Solve 20 of each topic every day.
- Practise questions in a time-restricted manner.
IBPS Clerk Exam Tips For Preparing The Mains Section
The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam consists of five sections. Three sections are the same as in the Prelims exam. And the other two additional sections are- General Awareness and Computer Aptitude.
Here are the complete details of the exam;
- There are five sections in the exam namely, English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Computer Awareness.
- The general knowledge section consists of 50 questions and needs to be completed in 35 minutes.
- The English section comprises 40 questions. The time limit allotted is the same as in the general knowledge section.
- Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability both sections carry 50 questions in each. The time limit for this section is 45 minutes.
- The Quantitative Aptitude section is composed of 50 questions. The allotted time is 45 minutes.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Preparation Tips For General Knowledge
- Prepare topics including banking news, KYC, banking rules and regulations, current rates, budget, finance, current economic policies and plans.
- Read magazines and newspapers for the last six months and memorize important events.
Preparation Tips For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Computer Aptitude Section
- Cover topics like the Internet and email, operating system, networking, Microsoft applications, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
- Spend at least an hour a day to practice this section.
With this detailed study plan, candidates will be able to crack the IBPS Clerk exam easily.
From AI to VR: How Cutting-Edge Tech Is Reshaping Personal Injury Law in Chicago
Optimise Your Workflow With Dragon Professional 16
Navigating the IT Job Market in Montreal: Opportunities and Strategies for Success
- Microsoft4 years ago
Microsoft Office 2016 Torrent With Product Keys (Free Download)
- Torrent4 years ago
Les 15 Meilleurs Sites De Téléchargement Direct De Films 2020
- Money3 years ago
25 Ways To Make Money Online
- Torrent3 years ago
FL Studio 12 Crack Télécharger la version complète fissurée 2020
- Education3 years ago
Significado Dos Emojis Usado no WhatsApp
- Technology3 years ago
Avantages d’acheter FL Studio 12
- Technology3 years ago
DESKRIPSI DAN MANFAAT KURSUS PELATIHAN COREL DRAW
- Education3 years ago
Best Steph Curry NBA 2K21 Build – How To Make Attribute, Badges and Animation On Steph Curry Build 2K21